UPDATE (1/1/’17): Recommendations are no longer being accepted. The library is frozen; the project has begun!
I recently put out a request for recommendations as I finalize the contents of my library. This post is to collect the suggestions people have made so far. An asterisk indicates a book I now have a copy of.
- Fancy & Adriaan and SG – Suicide Game, both by Haidji (recced 12/20 on Goodreads by Haidji)
- Fathers and Sons* by Ivan Turgenev (recced 12/21 in person by my father)
- Up in the Old Hotel* by Joseph Mitchell (recced 12/22 in person by my favorite uncle)
- Lost Horizon* by James Hilton (recced 12/23 in person by an aunt)
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (recced 12/23 on Twitter by Steve Carpenter)
- A Passage to India* by E. M. Forster (recced 12/23 in person by my mother)
- The Outsiders* by S. E. Hinton (recced 12/23 in person by my sister)
- Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne (recced 12/23 in person by my grandmother)
- The Lord of the Rings* by J. R. R. Tolkien (recced 12/23 in person by my other favorite uncle)
- The Prince* by Niccolò Machiavelli (recced 12/23 in person by my brother)
- Happy All the Time by Laurie Colwin and Markings by Dag Hammarskjöld (recced 12/23 via email by another aunt)
- Harables: Short Stories 1 by Haidji (recced 12/24 on Goodreads by Haidji)
- The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis and The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart (recced 12/24 on Twitter by Buffalo_Nickel)